Parents, guardians and other authorized guests are always welcome in our school. However, the following is required in order to ensure safety and maximize learning. We hope that you understand that they are implemented for safety and in order to limit distractions from learning.
- Visitors will enter into our building through the Main Office only through locked door buzzer system. Visitors must NOT enter through side doors or any door other then the Main Office, unless handicapped access is arranged ahead of time for the door near the bus drop off circle.
- Any visitor must check in at office where you will be given a visitor’s badge.
- Contractors will be admitted with identification and prior knowledge of their business by the principal/secretary.
- Parents/Guardians coming for early dismissal of their children are to sign in and may be required to show picture identification prior to release of the child. Parents will remain in the Main Office while teacher of child is contacted. Child will meet parent in Main Office.
- Parents/Guardians picking up sick children will be sent immediately to the nurse’s office, provided that they have received permission to do so from the Main Office.
- Parents picking students up during recess time will be given a visitors badge and may be asked to go out to get their child. Staff will not release a child to adults without visitor’s passes.
- If you are bringing something to your child, you may leave it at the office and we will be certain it is delivered to the classroom.
- If you wish to observe your child’s classroom, or a part of his/her program we will be pleased to make arrangements with you. The principal or teacher will set a date and time that is agreeable to all.
- Teachers are available to speak with you (on some mornings) before school, during specials, and after school. The remaining times they are involved in direct instruction and should not be interrupted. Please consider this if you need to speak directly to a teacher.
- Visitors who are unable to meet the criteria for admission will be requested to await the arrival of the building principal.